Friday, 11 September 2015

Early Optical Toys


What went well: The motion of the drawing I produced had the right movement in the correct direction, which made it effectivly challenging the mind explaning the persistence of vision.

What went did not go well: It was too quick, which could make it hard to see, this suggests the image I drew could possibly not be clear enough.

Improvements for next time: Next time I would create a clearer and crisp image, so that when it spins fast, you can still see my images.

My Praxinoscope


What went well: The image I drew was clear and the strings were parallel which made the Thaumatropes movement easy to visualise

What went did not go well: Even though the images were clear to see, the images didn't flow as much as I expected them to. This could be because in the first image nothing has begun to happen, so the second image is too different for it to flow.

Improvements for next time: Draw images that are more corresponding to eachother, then the images will flow and how we percieve it will be more effective.

Side one

Side two


What went well: The images I used here I believe work very well, I started with a stick man on top of a building and for it to begin again as it goes round, I drew the same stick man back on top of the building. This therefore made the zoetrope effective create the motion in our minds.

What went did not go well: I had a few attempts to get the ideal image right, my initial idea was of a person riding a bike. This didn't come out how I expected because there was too much detail that when I spun it, it was hard to see what it was. This is why I resulted to a stick man and a building.

Improvements for next time: Next time I would probably produce a simple image again because it did work and the motion was successfully seen.

My Zoetrope

No comments:

Post a Comment